The Bubble-Less™ Koi Pond is another unique and innovative design concept created by Russell Watergardens & Koi that features external aeration that eliminates aeration bubbles in the pond for unobstructed viewing of the Koi. We've seen literally thousands of Koi ponds over the years - and one thing that has always bothered us was not being able to clearly see the Koi through the aeration bubbles and the agitated pond surface caused by the bubbles.
Because there are no air bubbles agitating the pond's surface - the pond is also a spectacular reflection pool too! Not only do you get clear and unobstructed viewing of the Koi - you also get amazing reflections in the glass-like surface of the water!
Reflections are constantly changing with the changing sky, light, and landscape.
The Bubble-Less™ Koi Pond provides a pristine, calm, zen-like environment for Koi, as well as creating breathtaking reflections that are constantly changing. The Bubble-Less™ Koi Pond also becomes an inspiration for photographers and artists for its majestic beauty.
Why are bubbles used in traditional Koi Pond designs?
- To provide dissolved oxygen for the fish, the bacteria in the biological filter, and the entire ecosystem.
- To create submerged water currents to drive waste into the bottom drains.
How does the Bubble-Less™ Koi Pond address these issues?
- Oxygen injected directly into the plumbing system prior to the biological filter.
- Oxygen injected directly into the plumbing system after the biological filter stage - prior to the pond returns.
- Bubbles are de-gassed before the biological stage and the pond returns, resulting in high dissolved oxygen saturation without bubbles entering the biofilter or pond.
- With no bubbles to assist the bottom drains as in traditional Koi Pond designs - the Bubble-Less™ Koi Pond's design features four or more TPR's (Tangential Pond Returns) that create submerged currents that turn the entire pond into one giant gentle swirling vortex. The gentle swirling vortex draws waste and debris directly to the bottoms drains located at the center of the bottom of the pond without the need for aeration bubbles.
Benefits of bubbles in the pond:
- Oxygenates the water when no waterfalls or external aeration is in the pond design.
- Increases efficiency of bottom drains when vortex water currents are not available in the pond design.
Drawbacks of bubbles in the pond:
- Obstructs viewing of the Koi.
- Obstructs reflections in the water's surface.
- Reduces the efficiency of the pond skimmer(s) by pushing debris away from the skimmer(s) - (when the bubbles are in the middle of the pond).
In-Store Koi Enthusiasts and Koi Club Members Survey:
- 9 out of 10 Koi enthusiasts and Koi Club members that have seen the Bubble-less™ Koi Pond in person prefer the Bubble-less™ Koi Pond approach to viewing and enjoying Koi over traditional bubble obstructed Koi pond designs.
All the mechanical equipment used on the Bubble-Less™ Koi Pond including: HydroSieve™ pond skimmers, HydroDrain™ bottom drains, HydroSieve™ bottom drain pre-filters, Hydro Centrimax™ HC-178-165-B pump, HydroBead Vortex™ filter, HydroUV™ UV system, and HydroAir™ aeration system are all remotely installed for maximum enjoyment of the pond, the Koi, and the ever changing reflections. It is truly a sight to behold.