Hydro FilterSilk™ High Surface Area Biomedia
Hydro FilterSilk™ High Surface Area Bio Media combines maximum bio reaction with superior water polishing and rinses with low pressure as to not harm biofilm. Primarily used in waterfall filters for all types of ponds and pondless waterfalls but can also be used in most types of biological filters. Sold in 1.85 cubic foot bags.
Easy to clean, neutrally buoyant, high surface area for high filter media. Expands and fills the filter, creates a fluidized media bed, slight positive charge that attracts bacteria and solids that, in nature, have a slight negative charge for superior water polishing. 1.85 cubic feet per package, 61 SSA (Specific Surface Area) per square foot, 366 SSA per cubic foot, 677 Total SSA per package.
High Surface Area Filter Media
- Superior water polishing characteristics
- Easy to clean
- Low pressure rinsing keeps bio film alive and un-harmed during routine backwashing
- Lowers cost of filter ownership
- Resistant to channeling (with regular rinsing/backwashing)
- Engineered for Hydro Vortex™ waterfall filters
Filter Media Features:
- Standard media in all Hydro Vortex™ Waterfall Filters
- 61 SSA per square foot
- 1.85 cubic feet per bag
- 366 SSA per cubic foot
- 677.10 SSA per bag
- Black color
- HDPE High Density Polyethylene thermoplastic netting
- 90% open space, or void
- Rinses with LOW pressure
- Conforms to, and completely fills the filter’s media chamber
- Neutrally buoyant
- Filters down to 100 microns
- Bio absorption down to 5 microns
Benefits of Hydro FilterSilk™ Filter Media
Hydro FilterSilk™ is designed to be used in “bulk” and fill bio media chambers. In bulk it has more surface area than filter pads, but contains 90% open space. Open space within filter media allows for oxygenated water to easily pass through. Oxygen is the lifeblood of the beneficial bacteria inside a biological filter.
Being much less dense than filter pads, Hydro FilterSilk™ can be rinsed with low pressure water.Top of Page
Rinsing filter media with low pressure water preserves the beneficial bacteria living on the filter media.